Commercial HVAC: What to Know About Heating and Cooling Your Business
Considering a new heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system for your Lake Charles business? Or maybe your business is brand new, and you’re having trouble selecting a commercial HVAC system that meets all of your particular needs.
No matter the situation, our Innovative Air Solutions professionals are here to answer your questions about commercial heating and cooling. Call us today to discuss your specific needs. We can provide recommendations on the best system for you.
What Should I Consider When Choosing an HVAC System for My Business?
To select an HVAC system that meets the heating and cooling needs of your Louisiana business, you’ll need to consider the following aspects:
- Design and layout: Choosing the right HVAC system for your business will depend on how your business is designed. Is the layout of your business open, or are there several rooms inside? Are there a lot of windows or hardly any? Do you have a warehouse or crawlspace that will require less heating and cooling than other sections in the building?
Be sure to consider all aspects of your business. If you require different temperatures in specific areas of your business, you may benefit from a zone control system or a ductless mini split. You’ll be able to adjust separate areas to different temperatures based on your needs and preferences.
It always helps to discuss the different types and features of HVAC systems with a professional. At Innovative Air Solutions, we will go over the details of your business and find the best system for you. Give us a call today to schedule a free consultation.
- Size: You want to be sure the system you choose can keep your business comfortable. You’ll need to know the square footage to determine the appropriate type of HVAC system. Do you plan on renovating and adding extra space? You need to consider if the HVAC system is capable of heating and cooling the additional area. Otherwise, you may need to upgrade.
- Air quality: Consider the indoor air quality (IAQ). An appropriate-sized HVAC system for your business can help keep humidity levels in check and reduce indoor air pollution.
- Energy efficiency: HVAC efficiency varies depending on the model and type of system. Each system has a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) rating. Higher SEER ratings mean the system is more energy efficient, while lower ratings indicate less efficiency.
- Thermostat: There are several different thermostats available. Be sure the one you choose is compatible with your system’s particular make and model. You may want to opt for a smart thermostat for optimal control. These systems allow you to adjust the temperature remotely and create a set schedule for how high or low the temperature should reach during any given day or time of the week.
Which HVAC Systems Are Most Efficient?
High-efficiency systems use less energy to operate, helping you save money on your monthly heating and cooling expenses. Opt for an ENERGY STAR® system. If your HVAC system is ENERGY STAR certified, the SEER rating is 14 or greater and considered efficient.
Save up to 20 percent on heating and cooling costs with an ENERGY STAR-certified HVAC system.
What Is the Service Life of a Commercial HVAC System?
Taking proper care of your HVAC system will significantly contribute to how long it will operate efficiently. Your commercial system could last for a full service life of 15 to 20 years with routine professional maintenance.
How Often Do I Need Commercial HVAC Maintenance?
You should opt for maintenance visits at least once a year—more so if you have a significant change in seasons. This will help ensure there are no problems that could advance and result in costly repairs. Plus, it assures your system is operating as efficiently as possible.
Has it been a while since your last commercial HVAC maintenance visit? Call our professionals today, and we will leave your system functioning at ideal capacity.
Contact Our Professionals for Your Commercial HVAC Needs
Whether you’re looking to install, replace, repair, or maintain the HVAC system at your Lake Charles, LA business, our Innovative Air Solutions professionals can help. Give our experts a call today at (409) 200-8417 or request service online.