How Can Your HVAC Equipment Help Protect Against Coronavirus?
The spread of coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19) has all of us greatly concerned in Texas. At Innovative Air Solutions, our top priority is the health and safety of you and your loved ones. We take great pride in selling indoor air quality products to homes and businesses that are energy efficient, environmentally friendly—and extremely effective when it comes to improving your indoor air quality.
What Is COVID-19?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), COVID-19 was first detected in China in December 2019 and has rapidly spread around the world. Symptoms range from a common cold to more severe health issues. An infected person’s cough spreads the coronavirus through respiratory droplets.
Indoor Air Quality Impact and Your Health
Did you ever start sneezing or coughing right after you entered a building or home? You can probably blame the poorly maintained indoor air quality (IAQ).
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) ranks indoor air quality as one of the top five environmental risks to the public’s health. It gets even scarier when you consider that most people spend the vast majority of their time indoors.
You want a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system that is designed to know how to maintain fresh indoor air quality.
How HVAC Equipment Can Help You Stay Healthy
Indoor air quality equipment can be designed to restore humidity levels, remove stale air—and kills bacteria. In many cases, this equipment is integrated with your existing ductwork and HVAC equipment, which is why you want one of our certified and insured professionals at Innovative Air Solutions to do the work.
Indoor air quality products that you may want to consider for your home include:
- UV (Ultraviolet) Antibacterial Lamps attack biological contaminants inside the home, such as bacteria and viruses, mold spores, and mildew.
- Whole House In-Duct Air Purifiers capable of eliminating dust, dander, and pollen from your entire home.
- Whole-house air filtration systems that trap dust, pollen, bacteria, and other pollutants.
- Whole-house humidifiers and dehumidifiers to properly adjust the amount of moisture in your home.
- Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERVs) that exhaust the stale indoor air and bring in fresh, preconditioned air from the outdoors.
Many of these systems are used in hospitals and industrial facilities around the country. They are proven at maintaining indoor air quality—and are designed to keep you comfortable and healthy inside your home or business.
Reduce Infection Chances
Remember, these systems maintain a healthy air quality but do not prevent anyone from getting infected. Coronavirus can survive many days on a surface, such as a door handle. Good hygiene also plays a critical role in your health.
Because COVID-19 is spread through respiratory outlets, WHO officials recommend:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth until you wash your hands
- Wipe off door handles and light switches (especially if they are frequently used)
- Maintain a distance of at least three feet from anyone coughing or sneezing
- Stay home if you feel unwell
Until a vaccine for COVID-19 is available, common sense and good hygiene are your best weapons for staying healthy.
Learn More From Your Air Quality Experts
Technology in the HVAC industry is constantly creating a new vision for how we can improve our environment and health in the comfort of our Orange, TX, homes. At Innovative Air Solutions we offer products and services that keep you comfortable and safe. Call 409-883-9616 or request service online today to learn more about our indoor air quality services.